Thursday, September 9, 2010

Embellished Chandelier - Day 2

Day 2.  Dining room bump up.  

Did I really say I was going to do this chandelier chain thing today?   Yes.  
Did I realize I'd have to move a 2 ton table to do it?  
No, but...




So the table's been moved and here is a before picture of the light.  That's a mirror on the ceiling -- around $20 from TJMaxx.
I had a local glass shop drill a 
2" hole in the middle of it.  
They were thrilled to be asked to do this.  
They didn't exactly say so, 
but I have a sense about these things...



Anyway, a tube of liquid nail and 4 honkin' big screws 
later and she's there to stay.

Now for the chain.
I wanted something different and easy.  I really 
couldn't imagine taking the light down in order to slip a 
cover on it -- I don't mind the chain THAT much. 

The fabric was left over from my "French Door Dress Up" post 
a while back.  I slipped the cover around the chain vertically, shearing it at the top and bottom and using a little line of 
fabric glue and paper clips to close it up.  
In an emergency, it will have to be cut off.





Jennifer @ Southern Inspirations found some magnetic bling for chandeliers  you've just got to see!  Check it out here!

*

 Tomorrow, I have a project inspired by Jan at  
*Bobbypins Boardwalk*
I love everything about this pillow and Jan has done a great tutorial including the source of her adorable bird graphics. 

 You should go and check it out.  Jan's is one of my favorite blogs!



*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

*To see the parties I link to and to join in the fun, CLICK HERE!
I love to display the parties I'm attending 
on my post the day of the party!
I'm linking up to--


If you enjoyed this post (and, gosh, I hope you did) please BECOME A FOLLOWER!

19 comments:

  1. Very cute. It makes a nice finishing touch to the chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindy, thanks for mentioning my magnetic bling in your post! Glad you are a new follower too!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you love a little extra jewelry on your stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very original and creative and pretty too! Great combination. I'm going to check out Jan's blog b/c I love the bird pillow too.
    Lisa@SuburbanRetreat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a difference the chain cover makes. Very nice. I've done the samething but your fabric is way pretter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's the prettiest chain cover I've ever seen. The sheer fabric is so beautiful and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks lovely. I've been meaning to do that too. Thanks for the bump, maybe I will do it now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would never have thought of covering the chain. What a beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting from NFF. Great job with the chandelier. I really like the mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE LOVE LOVE this chandi, ESPECIALLY the mirror!!! What a fun way to reflect light back down on the table. LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks awesome, as usual. Keep up the great posts! Love the bird pillows, too.


    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun idea and I love the softness that fabric gives your chandelier! I like how it's semi-permanent too, and allows you to remove it and change things up if you want to in the future. Thank you for joining us at A Crafty Soiree! I hope to see you next week too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really pretty - what a great idea using the mirror as a ceiling medallion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely LOVE your chandelier and the chain cover. The medallion is amazing and I'm so happy that the mirror people were pleased that you requested this type of project (haha). You are so sweet to mention my pillow. What on earth would we do without the Graphics Fairy! What a fabulous blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute! I love the mirror, what a great addition!

    Thank you for linking up to my Friday link party! See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so impressive! thanks so much for linking up to a crafty soiree

    ReplyDelete
  17. following you now also!
    www.yesterdayontuesday.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such elegance from such a small adornment! It's gorgeous.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm excited you're leaving a comment. I can't wait to read it...L.