My grandtwins, Aubrey and Chloe, have a birthday coming up. Because I always make them something, I decided to use the overnight case (the third of my, maybe a little too ambitious, 10 projects in 3 weeks) to make them a trunk for a 1970's doll I found and for the doll clothes I made the poor little naked thing.
I'll have to find second suitcase. I predict a cat-fight over this one. I'll be ready with my video camera, though, just in case they stage a Youtube worthy brawl that'll make us all instant millionaires.
The doll and trunk were the perfect size for each other. I love it when that happens. A good bath was all the baby needed but the suitcase was a very different story.
The outside of the case was in almost perfect condition and just needed a good cleaning and some furniture polish to liven it up. It turned out awesome...
But, the inside was just plain nasty. I ripped the guts out and re-lined it with a really cute vintage-y looking fabric.
This was a little tricky. Not hard, really, just tedious. Poster board was cut to fit then covered with the fabric using spray adhesive and white glue.
I added a little pocket for storage, the ties to hold the baby in place and a bar for hanging doll clothes.
I'll be linking up at these parties...
Fireflies & Jellybeans
Tales from Bloggeritaville
My Repurposed Life
Beyond the Picket Fence
Sew Much Ado
My Backyard Eden
A Beach Cottage
If you enjoyed this post (and, gosh, I hope you did) please BECOME A FOLLOWER!