Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New Year's To-Do List

I have played around with Christmas stuff for weeks, finishing up just in time to take it all down again. It's time to move on.  Creating a list of things I want to get done before I die seems like a logical first step.  Not calling it a "resolution" seems like a good idea, too.  Putting it out there (I'm adding it to my side bar) for all to see?  Maybe not.  Just try not to judge my progress too harshly.  I won't. 

This post is not really about New Year's resolutions, which, for me anyway, are way too easy to break.  It's just a little (random) to-do list.  Because, I've seriously got things to do.

  • Finish powder room addition
  • Clear out my bathroom sink drain
  • Finish my sewing armoire
  • Find storage space for fabric
  • Re-pillow the living room sofa
  • Paint Betty's painting
  • Make new dust ruffles for twin beds
  • Slipcover nasty wingback chair in dining room
  • Recover dining room chair bottoms
  • Clean bathroom vent
  • Reevaluate and tweak TV and hall walls
  • Start couponing
  • Clear off carport and KEEP it clear
  • Build dog kennel stand
  • Shed a few pounds
  • Cull my furniture collection
  • Stain back steps
  • Install backdoor screen door
  • Acid stain carport
  • Plant spring garden
  • Build gate to backyard to trap two bad Yorkies
  • Build or purchase a coat rack (for living room or outside back door)
  • Organize and prioritize my inspiration folder

Relax, don't un-follow me yet -- I promise I won't be taking pictures and posting about everything on the list.

The biggest project on the list?  We're carving a powder room out of a tiny 3'x8' space that was a stairway to the attic in the kitchen.  The stairs were never built back after a fire in 1968 and the awkward space (to put it kindly) was incorporated into the kitchen, which never really worked.

During the kitchen reno we just walled it up --  along with a new toilet, a couple of rolls of insulation, a box of tile and that dustpan I looked high and low for.  We recently opened it up from the hall side, adding double doors I found at my local Restore for $20.


There are issues with the doors (as you could see if I could find my camera cord) but I'm determined to make them work.  I'm thinking I'll remove the top panels and replace them with glass.   

Here are a few pictures from my bathroom idea folder....





House of Smith's

Addicted 2 Decorating







I hate I can't credit all of these pictures.  I collected most of them before I was blogging. 

Of course, my space is about the size of a bathtub but I hope to make it beautiful.  




If you enjoyed this post (and, gosh, I hope you did) please BECOME A FOLLOWER!

17 comments:

  1. Lindy, I'm sure your space will turn out just beautifully. Don't worry about your to do list. I'm sure you'll get it tackled this year and then some. Have a great New Year!
    Hugs~ Amanda
    P.S. I didn't unfollow you. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I wish I could sew! Can't wait to see the progress!

    S
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make a list of things I would like to accomplish in 2011. The first item on my list is to get started on knitting next year's Christmas presents all throughout the year so I can enjoy the holidays! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful inspiration photos! I'm sure your finished product will surpass your expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a little powder room in a 3X7 foot space...it used to be a closet. There is just enough room for a sink at one end and a toilet at the other...so you should be able to fit one in very nicely (-: Mine is the first thing on the to-do list after I finish up the media/library room. The pictures you have posted are great...some great ideas. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Lindy! I really enjoyed reading your list. We continue to work on our bathroom too, which I had hoped to finish before 2011! Oh well, I guess home renovation never goes as planned. Anyway, I really like your inspiration photos and I look forward to seeing your new bathroom soon! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's still adorable. I just became a follower and LOVE it. You are brave to make a list like that ~ I am one of those who just wing it!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've done all three of my bathrooms, I would love for you to take a look!

    Lezlee

    http://priorlives.blogspot.com/2010/05/bathroom-trio-tour-master-bath.html

    http://priorlives.blogspot.com/2010/07/bathroom-trio-tour-main-bath.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lindy...I looked at that list...took a deep breath and then wondered...whatever will she do with all her spare time? Okay..I am ducking and running away now. Hugs- You can do it! Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you have a ton on your to do list! I am overwhelmed just looking at it.

    I love the ideas you have for your small bath though, and I have no doubt you'll make it beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE those bathroom pictures! Especially the first two. I'm saving them for myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like all of those bathrooms. Can't wait to see what you do! Instead of compiling a new list of things to accomplish at my house...I think I'll just jump right on the existing list that I haven't finished.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm excited to see how your little powder room turns out...love all the inspiration photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Are you sure that your 'bathroom file folder' isn't MY bathroom file folder?
    I was wondering where I put that thing! ha ha
    I love all the examples of bathrooms. I almost had me a soaker tub complete with claw feet 1 week before Christmas... but-- the practical side of me, said no...:(

    I have loved reading your blog of late and I think I recently became a follower!
    Your home is gorgeous and you are very brave to put your list out there-- I did too, and cringed as I was hitting the 'post' button!

    Hope your new potty turns out to be all that you envision!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You forgot one! "Make pillow for my grandson's bed." Good luck with the list, Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lindy, Thats quite a list and you are pretty brave posting it for all of us to hold you accountable. I also love all the bath inspiration pictures and can't wait to see yours finished. Have a wonderful New Year.
    Hugs,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good luck, Lindy! I'm sure you'll get many of those things accomplished. You're so talented and creative, how can you not?! And I would LOVE to see some of your photos of before and/or after!

    ReplyDelete

I'm excited you're leaving a comment. I can't wait to read it...L.